FKA’s Edmonton office is seeking a Communications and Content Advisor to be part of our growing team. If you’re enthusiastic, organized and have at least three to five years’ experience in communications (including social media content development and management), we’d love to meet you.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator who’s not only strongly skilled in business-focused technical writing but also has the chops to deliver creative flair. And you’ll get the opportunity to showcase your writing prowess working with national-level clients and across a variety of formats — from strategic plans and reports to media releases, brochure copy or social media posts that compel and persuade.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications and Content Advisor will work with colleagues in departments throughout our agency — creative, interactive, media, and account service to understand and articulate our strategy and approach to integrated marketing communications initiatives that drive results for clients. This will require cultivating collaborative working relationships with FKA’s clients, as well as vendors, partners and internal team members.
Put simply, we’re looking for a well-rounded communicator who can make the complex seem simple and who loves writing content that inspires. And above all, someone who can keep up with our pace, wants to be part of an ambitious team and is eager to continue learning.
- Write and edit a wide variety of communications materials, including communications plans, reports, news releases and backgrounders, social media posts and blog articles, key messages, web content, brochures, speaking notes and presentations, newsletter copy, as well as promotional items for diverse audiences.
- Develop traditional media materials (e.g., media advisories, news releases and backgrounders) and help with the distribution (either directly or via wire services), as well as media pitching.
- Assist in the development and implementation of communications strategies (both short- and long-term) in support of clients across a range of sectors, including monitoring and reporting.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to build social media strategies across various platforms, create content (short-form posts and long-form articles), monitor and develop reports on progress.
- Assist in new business development activities, including drafting RFP submissions and presentation pitches.
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with client teams, as well as with the FKA team.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a communications role.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related discipline (marketing, communications/PR, journalism or related field).
- Exceptional technical writing and editing skills, including solid proficiency in adhering to the Canadian Press (CP) Stylebook and knowledge of communications best practices.
- Proven ability to create compelling, engaging social media content for a wide variety of audiences, across diverse sectors and industries, that drives results.
- Proficiency and experience with computer software and technologies, such as the Google platform, Microsoft Office and Apple products (e.g., Keynote, Pages, Numbers, etc.) and social media applications.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, trust, tact and diplomacy with a commitment to high standards of professionalism.
- Proven relationship-building skills and service-minded focus for clients.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with a diverse range of people, including senior executives, management teams and committees.
- Proficiency in project management including leading and managing print and digital communications processes to successful completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proven to be someone who takes initiative and is detail-oriented, a creative problem solver, a critical thinker and self-organized.
- Membership in the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is an asset.
FKA offers an exciting, fast-paced advertising and interactive agency environment. We start each day with a scrum to collaboratively manage capacity and risks and every week we survey the team to make sure everyone is feeling supported and challenged and take steps to improve things that aren’t working well. FKA provides team members with competitive compensation, health benefits and opportunities for professional development and networking.
FKA is a best-in-class Google Premier Partner and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies—we were just ranked 150 on the 2018 GROWTH 500 list. We boast a stellar team of some of the best and brightest in the business and have been recognized with awards from the Advertising Club of Edmonton, Digital Alberta and the International Association of Business Communicators.
Interested applicants are asked to send their cover letter and resume with “Communications and Content Advisor” in the subject line to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Friday, November 16.